Keith hooks himself the perfect birthday gift
Blackdyke trout fishery 07525 730447: It's been a good week at Blackdyke. John Pollitt took a 7lb 6oz rainbow on Saturday and birthday boy Keith Hamilton, on his first visit, took his best fish a 3� rainbow.
Blackdyke trout fishery 07525 730447: It's been a good week at Blackdyke. John Pollitt took a 7lb 6oz rainbow on Saturday and birthday boy Keith Hamilton, on his first visit, took his best fish a 3� rainbow. Mike Dousing returned a rainbow that tipped the scales at 8�lbs. The best brownie caught was a 4lb 3ozs, taken by William Coppin. Alan Livingstone return a rainbow in excess of 7lb and Terry Nash took his first brownie and released another 20 rainbows. Best flies have been buzzers and the occasional dry hopper. We still have places for touring caravans for Easter and tents. We will be holding a improver course on the March 27, hosted Tim Gaunt-Baker.
South Elmham trout fishery 07500 703389: With good hatches and restocking taking place over the last week there have been some good hatches producing excellent sport. Fish can be seen rising during the day. Most anglers are taking their limits and included in the catches are some specimen fish. Best flies have been invictas, blood worms and buzzers. There will be an open day on Sunday, May 16. For more details ring or check the website.
Larkwood trout fishery 01284 728612: The rod average has shot up to 6.8 fish per angler. Fifteen-year-old Sam Handley took a cracking rainbow of 6lbs 8ozs. The fish are about five feet down, but expect them to move up during the day. Just about any goldhead has been accounting for fish over the past week.
Willow trout lakes 01986 785392: It's been another outstanding week with all anglers taking limit bags. Mr Burwood took the biggest fish of the week from Willow a beautiful rainbow of 4�lbs. Dark gold head lures and buzzers have been by far the best flies combined with floating lines and long leaders.
Rocklands mere 07500 004953: Roy Woods and Tony Boyle took four and five fish respectively, while Frank Poppleton took his first ever trout and went on to take a total of three fish. The best flies have been cats whiskers, buzzers and dry flies all fished with a long leader and floating fly line.
Narborough trout lakes 01703 38005: With the good weather we can start looking for hatches of buzzers. Richard Windsor, fishing Willow lake, took an over-wintered fish that tipped the scales at 4lbs plus. Best flies will be the usual cats whiskers, montanas and damsels.
- 1 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 2 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 3 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 4 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 5 Friend pays tribute to 'kind-hearted' 20-year-old who died in bike crash
- 6 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Part of Norfolk Coast Path to close for seven weeks
- 9 'Foodie Fortnight' to celebrate opening of new food hall in Norwich
- 10 Rains replenish dried-up pond in picturesque village