Keiran Bale comes out on top in Beccles Golf Club’s Wednesday special
Last Wednesday saw junior members at Beccles Golf Club take the honours for the Wednesday Club Competition.
First place, winning on countback, was Keiran Bale with 20 points. He finished ahead of Matt Hunter David Neech third on 18 poimts.
James Redpath and Paul Cook took part in the International Seniors Pairs and took the match to the last host, where they lost to their opponents who birdied for the win.
On Saturday Beccles played the Billy Wood Trophy, with a large field taking part in a well supported stableford competition.
Some high scores were shot, with six players playing to par or better. Four players tied for third on 38 points but winning from that quartet on countback was Keith Pickering, with Scott Manthorpe second on 44 points and winning on 45 points was Ben Cable.
You may also want to watch:
Club captain Bob Janney thanked Willie and Sam for preparing the greens, Ron for running the bar and Nicky for the refreshments. He also thanked Peter and Carol for their continued sponsorship of the competition.
Sunday saw Ron Walding, Ray Walding, Bob Janney and Jim Redpath take part in the National Seniors Club Classic at home to Chelmsford.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
With the weather changing from hour to hour, from sun to rain and hail, Beccles managed a home win 2.5-1.5. Seniors' captain Ron Walding thanked his team for a brilliant home win and is looking forward to the next round.