Keane confident over Etuhu deal
Roy Keane is confident the transfer of Dickson Etuhu to the Stadium of Light will soon be completed with Sunderland on the brink of signing the Norwich midfielder for £1.5m.
Roy Keane is confident the transfer of Dickson Etuhu to the Stadium of Light will soon be completed with Sunderland on the brink of signing the Norwich midfielder for £1.5million.
The 25-year-old turned down an improved contract offer from the Canaries at the weekend and is poised to move to the newly-promoted Premier League side after they activated a buy-out clause in the Nigerian's contract.
Now Black Cats boss Keane is optimistic he will soon welcome Etuhu to Wearside.
He said: "We are hopeful. We hope it's nearly a done deal.
You may also want to watch:
"Talks are going on and hopefully there might be news on that."
Keane believes Etuhu, who scored eight goals in 48 starts in all competitions last season, can complement Sunderland on their return to the top flight.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 4 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: 'Major bid' submitted for Armstrong
- 10 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
"He's a player I admire,'' he added. “He would give us something different to what we have got.'”
Etuhu's imminent move to the north-east quickly follows Kieran Richardson's arrival yesterday, while Keane has also brought in Greg Halford, Russell Anderson and Michael Chopra.