Keane confident over Etuhu deal
Roy Keane is confident the transfer of Dickson Etuhu to the Stadium of Light will soon be completed with Sunderland on the brink of signing the Norwich midfielder for £1.5m.
Roy Keane is confident the transfer of Dickson Etuhu to the Stadium of Light will soon be completed with Sunderland on the brink of signing the Norwich midfielder for £1.5million.
The 25-year-old turned down an improved contract offer from the Canaries at the weekend and is poised to move to the newly-promoted Premier League side after they activated a buy-out clause in the Nigerian's contract.
Now Black Cats boss Keane is optimistic he will soon welcome Etuhu to Wearside.
He said: "We are hopeful. We hope it's nearly a done deal.
"Talks are going on and hopefully there might be news on that."
Keane believes Etuhu, who scored eight goals in 48 starts in all competitions last season, can complement Sunderland on their return to the top flight.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 4 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 5 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 6 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 7 Thieves run off with alcohol worth nearly £5,000 from Tesco
- 8 Come and meet the animals you could adopt at RSPCA open day
- 9 New 250-space car park could be created near picturesque Norfolk harbour
- 10 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
"He's a player I admire,'' he added. “He would give us something different to what we have got.'”
Etuhu's imminent move to the north-east quickly follows Kieran Richardson's arrival yesterday, while Keane has also brought in Greg Halford, Russell Anderson and Michael Chopra.