Just champion: Young stars of Holt join pros at Leicester Tigers
- Credit: LEICESTER TIGERS
Young players from Holt Rugby Club honed their skills with the professionals at 10-time English champions Leicester Tigers on Saturday.
The team from Holt took part in a Matchday Coaching Clinic with the Tigers and then joined a 24,213-strong crowd for the return of European Champions Cup action at Welford Road.
Matchday Coaching Clinics allow teams to work with Tigers coaches to develop their individual and team skills, as well as taking tips and techniques with them to work on during the rest of the season.
The Holt players also had an opportunity to quiz Tigers academy graduate Joe Maksymiw about his life in rugby and they then soaked up the matchday atmosphere at Welford Road and watched the professionals in action as Leicester came through to an 18-16 victory over visitors Munster.
They even managed to follow in the players' footsteps by having a team photo taken on the famous turf at half-time in front of the crowd.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Green, a coach at Holt, accompanied the team for their photo with Tigers player Dom Barrow and said: 'They all really enjoyed the coaching session this morning. For some of them it is their first time here at Welford Road so it's great to be able to bring them.'
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 7 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl