Judy Potter and daughter Lynn Emmett lead Bungay Black Dogs home at Great Yarmouth
Bungay Black Dog runners Judy Potter and her daughter Lynn Emmett were first in their age categories for the third and final Great Yarmouth five-mile race on a very warm evening.
Judy was 158th in 43 minutes three seconds to be the first in the F65 age group, while Lynn was 43rd (32.35) and first in the F35 category.
Joanne Cox in 83rd (36.14) was the third F35; 212 runners finished.
Other Black Dog results: 17 Ted Oldman 29.45, 37 Robbie James 31.53, 60 Chris Chorley 33.53, 113 Nigel Gilham 37.56, 114 Bruce Raynor 37.57, 124 Robin Wilson 39.00, 129 Bobbie Sauerzapf 39.15, 131 Stephen Oldman 39.37, 139 Colin Whale 40.52, 141 Karen Gedge 41.00, 146 Philip Neave 41.28, 157 Stephanie Whyte 42.44, 174 Louise Reed 44.13, 176 Joanne Taylor 44.16, 188 Robin Farrar 46.53, Karen Waters 48.23, 201 Bob Jack 49.55 (who had run the Copenhagen Marathon four days before).
• The previous week, the first of three Wroxham 5km races attracted 167 runners.
You may also want to watch:
Judy Potter was again the first F60-plus in 135th (26.14) with Bobbie Sauerzapf second in the F50-59 category, 102nd (23.46); and Marcus Sladden second junior male 17th (18.01). Chris Chorley was 67th (21.14), Philip Neave 117th (24.52) and Caroline Lester 158th (29.47).
• The first Ipswich Jaffa Friday Five-Miler of the season saw 395 runners.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
Chris Chorley was 91st (34.56), Bobbie Sauerzapf 247th (41.52), Shona Bendix 255th (42.02), Judy Potter 332nd (46.48, second in FV60) and Maggie Flatt 393rd (62.00).
• Ian Taylor ran his 83rd marathon at Richmond Park on Sunday, May 20 in 4:21. He was 133rd of 196 finishers.
Doug Stanhope completed the Edinburgh Marathon a week later in 5:44 coming 7,574 of over 8,000.