Judy Potter and daughter Lynn Emmett lead Bungay Black Dogs home at Great Yarmouth
Bungay Black Dog runners Judy Potter and her daughter Lynn Emmett were first in their age categories for the third and final Great Yarmouth five-mile race on a very warm evening.
Judy was 158th in 43 minutes three seconds to be the first in the F65 age group, while Lynn was 43rd (32.35) and first in the F35 category.
Joanne Cox in 83rd (36.14) was the third F35; 212 runners finished.
Other Black Dog results: 17 Ted Oldman 29.45, 37 Robbie James 31.53, 60 Chris Chorley 33.53, 113 Nigel Gilham 37.56, 114 Bruce Raynor 37.57, 124 Robin Wilson 39.00, 129 Bobbie Sauerzapf 39.15, 131 Stephen Oldman 39.37, 139 Colin Whale 40.52, 141 Karen Gedge 41.00, 146 Philip Neave 41.28, 157 Stephanie Whyte 42.44, 174 Louise Reed 44.13, 176 Joanne Taylor 44.16, 188 Robin Farrar 46.53, Karen Waters 48.23, 201 Bob Jack 49.55 (who had run the Copenhagen Marathon four days before).
• The previous week, the first of three Wroxham 5km races attracted 167 runners.
You may also want to watch:
Judy Potter was again the first F60-plus in 135th (26.14) with Bobbie Sauerzapf second in the F50-59 category, 102nd (23.46); and Marcus Sladden second junior male 17th (18.01). Chris Chorley was 67th (21.14), Philip Neave 117th (24.52) and Caroline Lester 158th (29.47).
• The first Ipswich Jaffa Friday Five-Miler of the season saw 395 runners.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 10 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
Chris Chorley was 91st (34.56), Bobbie Sauerzapf 247th (41.52), Shona Bendix 255th (42.02), Judy Potter 332nd (46.48, second in FV60) and Maggie Flatt 393rd (62.00).
• Ian Taylor ran his 83rd marathon at Richmond Park on Sunday, May 20 in 4:21. He was 133rd of 196 finishers.
Doug Stanhope completed the Edinburgh Marathon a week later in 5:44 coming 7,574 of over 8,000.