Judges impressed after The Pulse Olympic torch show auditions in Norwich
Auditions for the Olympic torch show in Norwich have unearthed an eclectic range of talented Norfolk performers.
Dozens of people – aged eight to 51 – went in front of judges at The Garage on Chapel Field North on Sunday to demonstrate their musical or physical skills.
All were hoping to win a place at next week's boot camp and eventually become one of about 30 performers to take part in the show, which will welcome the Olympic torch to the city this July.
Carrie Mansfield, project manager for the Pulse show, said 80 people had auditioned, including percussionists and other musicians and physical performers ranging from martial artists to lyrical dancers. She said: 'I'm really pleased with the standard – I don't know if I had expected it to be as high as it was.
'I'm really looking forward to boot camp to get all these people in a studio together and see them create something absolutely unique and original. The performance is going to be amazing.'
You may also want to watch:
Darren Grice, The Garage director, was one of the judges. He said: 'We've had a really great mix. It's amazing how eclectic and diverse it is in Norwich and Norfolk.'
The names of performers successfully through to bootcamp will be posted on www.thegarage.co.uk this afternoon.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
The Evening News is publishing a series of supplements celebrating our Olympic year. The next edition of London Calling is out on March 27.