Judges impressed after The Pulse Olympic torch show auditions in Norwich
Auditions for the Olympic torch show in Norwich have unearthed an eclectic range of talented Norfolk performers.
Dozens of people – aged eight to 51 – went in front of judges at The Garage on Chapel Field North on Sunday to demonstrate their musical or physical skills.
All were hoping to win a place at next week's boot camp and eventually become one of about 30 performers to take part in the show, which will welcome the Olympic torch to the city this July.
Carrie Mansfield, project manager for the Pulse show, said 80 people had auditioned, including percussionists and other musicians and physical performers ranging from martial artists to lyrical dancers. She said: 'I'm really pleased with the standard – I don't know if I had expected it to be as high as it was.
'I'm really looking forward to boot camp to get all these people in a studio together and see them create something absolutely unique and original. The performance is going to be amazing.'
Darren Grice, The Garage director, was one of the judges. He said: 'We've had a really great mix. It's amazing how eclectic and diverse it is in Norwich and Norfolk.'
The names of performers successfully through to bootcamp will be posted on www.thegarage.co.uk this afternoon.
- 1 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 2 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 3 Afternoon tea at Norwich tea room named one of best in UK
- 4 Two women in hospital with serious injuries after A47 slip road crash
- 5 Dereham coach firm closes after more than 50 years in business
- 6 Pub plans store and Post Office after village's only shop closes
- 7 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after man made lewd comment
- 8 Three teenagers saved after inflatable gets blown out to sea
- 9 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 10 Dental woes worsen as town's troubled surgery closes permanently
The Evening News is publishing a series of supplements celebrating our Olympic year. The next edition of London Calling is out on March 27.