‘John Ruddy Would’ve Saved That’ - Norwich fans create World Cup song with a difference
- Credit: Supplied
A Norwich City fan has created a song to voice his disappointment that Canary keeper John Ruddy is not in Brazil with the England squad.
Kit Marsden, the man behind 'John Ruddy Would've Saved That', is a musician from Brundall and said the song started out as a joke when he was watching the Ecuador v England game last week.
'I was watching the friendly and Ben Foster was in goal. He let in two goals and I put on Twitter both times 'John Ruddy would have saved that'. It was a joke with friends,' he said. The 23-year-old wrote the song the next day and also filmed a video which he put onto YouTube, where the amusing song has already had more than 700 views.
Mr Marsden added: 'It's a shame Ruddy didn't make the squad because he's an excellent keeper. He pulled off some excellent saves for Norwich this season.'
The song is available on iTunes from Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 6 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab