‘John Ruddy Would’ve Saved That’ - Norwich fans create World Cup song with a difference
- Credit: Supplied
A Norwich City fan has created a song to voice his disappointment that Canary keeper John Ruddy is not in Brazil with the England squad.
Kit Marsden, the man behind 'John Ruddy Would've Saved That', is a musician from Brundall and said the song started out as a joke when he was watching the Ecuador v England game last week.
'I was watching the friendly and Ben Foster was in goal. He let in two goals and I put on Twitter both times 'John Ruddy would have saved that'. It was a joke with friends,' he said. The 23-year-old wrote the song the next day and also filmed a video which he put onto YouTube, where the amusing song has already had more than 700 views.
Mr Marsden added: 'It's a shame Ruddy didn't make the squad because he's an excellent keeper. He pulled off some excellent saves for Norwich this season.'
The song is available on iTunes from Saturday.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 6 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 7 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 8 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 9 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 10 Transport plans approved despite 'lack of' climate change measures