John Reynolds returns as Snetterton swings into action
Snetterton's bumper 2012 racing season roars into action this Saturday with a Radical sport car festival and the promise of some high speed action. The event will mark the return to racing by triple British Superbike Champion and World Superbike race winner John Reynolds after a hiatus of six years.
The Radical SR3 RS that Reynolds, the current Racing Director for Suzuki GB, will be using is powered by a Suzuki Hayabusa engine and will also be taken to the British Superbike round this year to allow Reynolds to give passenger rides in the Tyco liveried two seater sports racer.
'I'm really excited about racing at Snetterton' declared Reynolds. 'My lap times are improving but I've still got a mountain to climb and don't want to let Radical down.'
Last year's SR3 champion, 18-year-old James Abbott from Peterborough, shot to prominence with some mature drives in the series and takes the step up to the faster SR8's for this season.
Alex Brundle co-drove with Abbott on occasions last year but it is Shaun Balfe, who clinched the SR8 title last year at Snetterton sharing the driving duties with Roger Bromiley, who will partner Abbott this season.
You may also want to watch:
Showing impressive speed at the final round last year was Manhal Allos and along with the Terrence Woodward/Ross Kaiser partnership will form a formidable barrier for Abbott/Balfe to overcome as they fight for the title.
After five years away from the series Nick Padmore is returning to partner Gary Kane in a RAW Motorsport team SR3 RS and they should be serious contenders in their category.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 6 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 7 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 8 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
For fans of Formula Vee it will be the only time they will be able to see them at the Norfolk track this year as a pair of pre-season warm up races, which should attract a strong field for their first taste of the new 300 layout, completes the programme which starts at 11.25am.