Wisbech ace Steed back with a bang
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech's Joe Steed made a winning return to the ring as he extended his unbeaten run to six fight.
The 21-year-old as a 40:36 points winner over Kristaps Zulgis at the latest Norwich boxing show last Friday.
Injury and illness have contrived to extend Steed's absence from the ring since a win on the televised Peterborough show but he returned in style.
"I'm buzzing to be back," he said. "I felt good in there. I had a good strong opponent but I could have done more rounds so that's good.
"I rush my work sometimes, but I thought I got my job done - that was my strongest performance and I could feel that I have come on."
You may also want to watch:
Norwich trainer Graham Everett added: "Joe had a difficult fight and he had to do it right - and he did. He has been out for a little while and he needed a good win against a decent opponent to move forward. Now it's a case of keeping him busy and getting him out again soon."
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?