Jimson seals victory as Wisbech move clear at top of Thurlow Nunn league
Wisbech took advantage of Dereham's FA Cup involvement to move a point clear at the top of the Premier Division with a 3-1 win at home to Wivenhoe.
The Fenmen went ahead through Dubi Ogbonna on 24 minutes, but were pegged back by the visitors before the break.
Adam Millson restored the hosts' lead on 58 minutes, and an injury time strike from Darren Jimson sealed the victory. The Fenmen now stand a point clear of second-placed Mildenhall, who moved above Dereham with a 1-0 win at Hadleigh.
Substitute Liam Harvey-Cooper made a stunning impact to help Gorleston complete a late fightback success at home to Haverhill.
The visitors took an early lead, but Gorleston equalised through Ally McKenna on 31 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Haverhill regained the lead from the penalty spot in the second half, before the introduction of Harvey-Cooper turned the game on its head.
First he netted the equaliser with 13 minutes remaining and then, with eight minutes left, Gorleston were awarded a penalty, which Harvey-Cooper converted to win the game.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
Diss registered their second league win of the season, beating fellow strugglers FC Clacton 2-0.
Jordan Rocastle broke the deadlock in the 75th minute, and six minutes later he turned provider for Adam Burroughs to secure the points.
Kirkley & Pakefield were 2-0 winners at home to Stanway, with goals from Scott Woodcock and Scott Manning.
Thetford Town were undone by a last minute goal in a 2-1 defeat at home to Ely City.
Norwich United snatched an injury-time equaliser to earn a 2-2 draw at Walsham-le-Willows.
Jordan Blyth was the last-gasp hero with his second goal of the game for the Planters, who had gone 2-1 down in the 90th minute.
In the First Division, Downham beat Great Yarmouth 2-1.
Matthew Calvert gave Downham the lead before Joel Watts slotted an equaliser early in the second half.
Substitute Matthew Bussens then struck the winner for Downham.
Fakenham won 1-0 at saffron Walden with an 89th minute penalty from Ryan Pearson to move up to third in the table.
Swaffham drew 1-1 at Halstead, substitute George Hutton earning a point for the Pedlars.