Jermy Cup goes to Norfolk
Norfolk BC emerged victorious from the semi-finals and final of the Jermy Cup, held at Wymondham Dell.
In the semi-finals they came from behind to beat Aldiss Park whilst Downham Market had an emphatic victory over Acle St Edmunds.
Downham Market could not maintain the form they had shown in the morning semi-final and Norfolk BC, having made a couple of positional changes for the final, started strongly and won on all three rinks to win by 20 shots
Semi finals: Norfolk BC 64, Aldiss Park 52; Downham Market 70, Acle St Edmunds 51. Final: Norfolk BC 69, Downham Market 49.
• The final of the Lord Fermoy Cup to be held on Thursday (on a home and away basis) will be between Freethorpe and Hunstanton EBA.
You may also want to watch:
In the semi-finals Freethorpe, having beaten Premier League teams Wymondham Dell and Acle St Edmunds in earlier rounds, continued their giant-killing by beating favourites Norfolk BC 37-35.
The other semi final between Hunstanton EBA and Swaffham Town was decided on an extra end after the match was tied 40 shots all after 21 ends before Hunstanton prevailed.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 9 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary