Jermy Cup goes to Norfolk
Norfolk BC emerged victorious from the semi-finals and final of the Jermy Cup, held at Wymondham Dell.
In the semi-finals they came from behind to beat Aldiss Park whilst Downham Market had an emphatic victory over Acle St Edmunds.
Downham Market could not maintain the form they had shown in the morning semi-final and Norfolk BC, having made a couple of positional changes for the final, started strongly and won on all three rinks to win by 20 shots
Semi finals: Norfolk BC 64, Aldiss Park 52; Downham Market 70, Acle St Edmunds 51. Final: Norfolk BC 69, Downham Market 49.
• The final of the Lord Fermoy Cup to be held on Thursday (on a home and away basis) will be between Freethorpe and Hunstanton EBA.
You may also want to watch:
In the semi-finals Freethorpe, having beaten Premier League teams Wymondham Dell and Acle St Edmunds in earlier rounds, continued their giant-killing by beating favourites Norfolk BC 37-35.
The other semi final between Hunstanton EBA and Swaffham Town was decided on an extra end after the match was tied 40 shots all after 21 ends before Hunstanton prevailed.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules