Jamie Edwards helps Spireites A see off Broadland A
- Credit: PA
There were only two matches played in the First Division of the Open Snooker League where leaders Spireites A were defeated by Broadland A 5-4.
Jamie Edwards of Spireites had a break of 88 and Steve Waldron (Broadland) a break of 57. Broadland A move up to second place whilst St Philips A overcame their rivals St Philips B 5-4 with Nic Charalambous having a break of 82 for the A team.
In the Second Division, leaders Woodside Dragons beat Gothic 9-0 with Jim Foulger producing breaks of 75, 73 and 40 in his match. Attleborough defeated Broadland C 5-4 and Spireites D 5-4 to move up to second place. Mark Standley (Attleborough) and Ben Baker (Broadland C) both had 3-0 victories in their respective games. Woodside Wizards remain in third spot after victory over Spireites D where Paul Kay and Lee Hodge both enjoyed 3-0 wins.
The Snooker Handicap Division One saw leaders Broadland C triumph against Broadland A 10-2, Ben Baker and Billy Bales both winning 3-0.
Three frames from Ray Davis helped Rileys defeat St Faiths 7-5 to record their third straight victory. Woodside C beat Bayer 9-3 to draw level on points with Rileys with 21 apiece. St Philips A narrowly defeated Hethersett A 7-5 to remain in fourth spot.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham recorded their second victory to go top of Division Two after beating St Philips C 9-3 with Andrew Jackman and Mark Dennes both taking maximum frames in the away leg. Woodside Whirlwinds started their season off with a triumph over Hethersett B 7-5. Bill Lakey of Hethersett won 3-0 with Darren Butler (Whirlwinds) achieving a 3-0 plus a break of 40 for a plus handicap player. Three frames for Jaydon Spooner helped Ludham B to their first victory this season beating Canary Social 7-5.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named