Jake Newstead hopes Snetterton return will kick-start his Superstocks season
Sprowston's Jake Newstead is hoping a return to his home circuit can get his 2012 season properly up and running.
The Team Tinklers rider took an excellent podium in last year's Metzeler National Superstock 600 Championship round at Snetterton – one of the support series to the British Superbikes.
A tough start to the new year on his new bike has left Newstead scrapping around for positives, but with the Superbikes and Superstocks back at Snetterton this weekend Newstead hopes home advantage can give him the boost he needs.
'It's the return to Snetterton and I'm really looking forward to it; I had good success last year, but at the moment things haven't gone so well, I'm not going to lie to you,' admitted Newstead.
'We've had numerous issues with the bikes and just myself as well. I haven't been able to prepare as well as I should have done and I'm paying for it now a little bit. Once you take your eye off the ball at this level it becomes very tough.'
You may also want to watch:
However, taking three wins and a second from a recent club event at the Norfolk circuit has ensured Newstead will take on Snetterton with renewed vigour.
'A couple of weeks back we went to a club meeting at Snetterton, which was just dropping down a level, and that went really well. So I know I've still got it. It's just about trying to compete at this national level and you're racing against the best guys in the UK.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 8 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 9 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
'I have done well at this level before and I know I can, I just haven't put it together this year.
'But it's a massive boost to know you are close to home and obviously I will have a lot of friends and family there as well, so that will all help.
'Hopefully it will be good motivation for me to drive on and get a good result, and kick-start the season. Hopefully from here on in we can have a good year.'
Matt Layt and Newstead's team-mate David Gowen will also compete in the weekend's support classes, but Norwich's Alex Barkshire will miss out after a crash earlier in the season.
For information on tickets, visit www.snetterton.co.uk or call 0843 453 9000.