No late heroics from Jack Yule in Europro Tour Championship
- Credit: Archant
Jack Yule was unable to repair the damage after a poor start to his final Europro Tour event of the season.
The King's Lynn professional finished tied 54th in the 59-man field at the Tour Championship in Spain after rounding off his campaign with a two-over-par round of 74.
Yule took his tally of birdies up to 10 for the tournament after recording three more on the final day, but in keeping with his earlier efforts there were too many dropped shots thrown into the mix.
The real damage was done on day two, when a round of 81 ended any hopes of a high finish at Desert Springs, and after an opening 73 he ended up on 12 over par.
Yule finished 52nd on the Order of Merit in his first season on the third tier tour, with £5,146 in prize money, well over half of which was earned in his first event, the Eagle Orchid Masters at Montrose, where he finished tied second.
You may also want to watch:
He tried his luck at European Tour School earlier in the autumn but fell at the first hurdle after posting rounds of 80, 73 and 79 at the Players Club in Bristol.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 8 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school