Ivor enjoys a day to remember at Blackdyke
FLY FISHING: Blackdyke trout fishery (07525 730447): Hatches of buzzers have turned the fish on to the feed. Danny Drain had his best fish so far this season - a 4lb 8oz rainbow which took a silvery green buzzer.
Blackdyke trout fishery (07525 730447): Hatches of buzzers have turned the fish on to the feed. Danny Drain had his best fish so far this season - a 4lb 8oz rainbow which took a silvery green buzzer. Several other fish have been taken on red, black and olive buzzers as well as the old favourite apps blood worm, which saw Ivor Macary, fishing the margins on a blustery Friday morning, catching and releasing 27 fish. There will be an introduction to fly fishing course with Tim Guant Baker on March 27 at 10am.
Larkwood trout fishery (01284 728612): The rod average has shot up to 6.5 fish per angler. Frank Watson took the biggest fish of the week a cracking rainbow of 9�lb. Ant black fly have worked well. The fish are still fairly deep but working there way up during the day. Both lakes are very clear.
Willow trout fishery: It has been another good week for Willow with all anglers taking limits and fish to 4lb being caught. Hares ear, dawl bach, damsel nymphs and any dark lure has worked well. The expected milder weather should see some exciting surface fishing.
South Elmham trout fishery (07500 703389): Douglas Bone took a 4lb fish on his first visit. Robert Turrell caught and released 10 fish including a 6�lb and a 5�lb brownie. The fish are still quite deep. Best flies have been damsels, dawl bachs and buzzers.
You may also want to watch:
Narborough trout lakes (01760 338005): Jimmy Johnson took a brace from Willow Lake with the biggest weighing at the 9lb mark. Several other fish have also been taken from Willow over the past week. Ashford Lake is also fishing well producing several limit bags. The fish are still deep with the best flies hares ears and montanas.
Rocklands mere (07900 004953): See opposite page
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques