It’s Swift business as Nolan clinches victory
Heybridge 1, Lowestoft Town 2: The Trawlerboys moved into the next round of the FA Cup, but they were made to battle all the way by a gallant Heybridge Swifts side.
Lowestoft started strongly and forced a corner in the opening minutes, which saw the recalled Greg Crane send a diving header just wide.
But Heybridge stunned the Trawlerboys by taking a 13th-minute lead with virtually their first attack. Breaking quickly from defence, Ricky Griggs raced away down the left and sent in a low cross which was swept into the net by Bertie Brayley.
Despite having plenty of possession, the Trawlerboys were unable to create any clear-cut chances in the remainder of the first half, although when Nolan put Frew away down the right Joe Francis placed his header a foot over the top.
Lowestoft were more determined after the break and from Andrew Cave-Brown's cross Frew's header hit the bar and was scrambled clear.Lubo Guentchev then crossed to the far post where the ball was headed back across the face of the goal by Frew, but Nolan put his header over the top. Guentchev created an opening for Francis, but his shot was cleared off the line.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft levelled just after the hour mark. Scott Mitchell played Nolan away down the left and his cross to the far post was headed home by Guentchev from close range. And nine minutes later Lowestoft were ahead, as Cave-Brown picked out Frew who knocked the ball on to Nolan to shoot past Willis from 12 yards.
• Heybridge: Willis, Hawes, Barber, Hammond, Crossley, N Smith, Griggs, Pond, Callender, Brayley, Hawkins (Broadhurst 75), Subs not used: Clarke, Gibson, Gray, Marsh, Hoopeer, Banner.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
• Lowestoft: Reynolds, Cave-Brown, A Smith, Mitchell, Crane, Gaughran, Guentchev, Fisk, Nolan (Okay 89), Frew, Francis (Henderson 84), Subs not used: Forshaw, Forbes, Godbold, Ainsley.
• Att: 198.