It’s Swift business as Nolan clinches victory
Heybridge 1, Lowestoft Town 2: The Trawlerboys moved into the next round of the FA Cup, but they were made to battle all the way by a gallant Heybridge Swifts side.
Lowestoft started strongly and forced a corner in the opening minutes, which saw the recalled Greg Crane send a diving header just wide.
But Heybridge stunned the Trawlerboys by taking a 13th-minute lead with virtually their first attack. Breaking quickly from defence, Ricky Griggs raced away down the left and sent in a low cross which was swept into the net by Bertie Brayley.
Despite having plenty of possession, the Trawlerboys were unable to create any clear-cut chances in the remainder of the first half, although when Nolan put Frew away down the right Joe Francis placed his header a foot over the top.
Lowestoft were more determined after the break and from Andrew Cave-Brown's cross Frew's header hit the bar and was scrambled clear.Lubo Guentchev then crossed to the far post where the ball was headed back across the face of the goal by Frew, but Nolan put his header over the top. Guentchev created an opening for Francis, but his shot was cleared off the line.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft levelled just after the hour mark. Scott Mitchell played Nolan away down the left and his cross to the far post was headed home by Guentchev from close range. And nine minutes later Lowestoft were ahead, as Cave-Brown picked out Frew who knocked the ball on to Nolan to shoot past Willis from 12 yards.
• Heybridge: Willis, Hawes, Barber, Hammond, Crossley, N Smith, Griggs, Pond, Callender, Brayley, Hawkins (Broadhurst 75), Subs not used: Clarke, Gibson, Gray, Marsh, Hoopeer, Banner.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
• Lowestoft: Reynolds, Cave-Brown, A Smith, Mitchell, Crane, Gaughran, Guentchev, Fisk, Nolan (Okay 89), Frew, Francis (Henderson 84), Subs not used: Forshaw, Forbes, Godbold, Ainsley.
• Att: 198.