It’s rebuilding time for First Bus and Sprowston in City of Norwich bowls league
In the City of Norwich League it is all change at the top as First Bus and Sprowston Sports have to rebuild after retirements and resignations.
Costessey and British Rail with Thorpe Marriott are left to chase leaders RG Carter.
British Rail won 12-2 away at First Bus. Away at Old Bonds they won 12-2 with C Banham winning 28-2. B Parke won 20-7 for Bonds.
Next another away game this time at Jarrolds and another 12-2 win C Banham again led the way with a 15-5 win.
Thorpe Marriott won 12-2 at home to Felthorpe and 10-4 at home to Framingham Earl. Away to Sprowston was next and Marriott must have been confident of a good result and despite G Clarke winning 21-4 they were beaten 12-2 46 shots to 45.
You may also want to watch:
Costessey are still third despite losing at home 11-3 to Horsford Heroes. Heroes were then held to a 7-7 draw at home to Anglian Windows – it was 20 shots to 19 at half-time to Heroes and the second half was 22-21 to Windows.
Jarrolds were at home to Taverham and at the interval Jarrolds were only one shot clear. In the second half P Carter won 23-7 and M Coxall won 20-4 to steer Jarrolds to a comfortable 12-2 win; R Taylor won 15-9 for Taverham.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 9 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
Jarrolds then went to First Bus who had T Gray win 17-8 but it was not enough as B Andrews, P Carter and M Coxall all won for Jarrolds in another 12-2 win.
Deaf Sports have had two good results, beating Old Bonds 11-3 at home with R Amos winning 15-2. G Holmes won 17-3 for Bonds.
The other was a 10-4 away win over First Bus. J Jeffery's first half 19-8 win decided the match. Felthorpe lost 11-3 at home against Costessey and beat Old Bonds 14-0 at home; C Bullard 22-4, J Green 10-8, M Harris 19-3 and M Hall 23-1.
Horsford BC played First Bus at home and lost 8-6 despite only losing one game. Taverham at home resulted in a 12-2 win by five shots.
County Council are fifth after beating Horsford BC 14-0 at home; R Cranston 13-8, N Hurn 12-8, M Roe 15-3 and G Payne 16-7. Framingham Earl at home resulted in a 12-2 home win with R Cranston winning 24-3.
December 2 sees the start of the league championship program with the triples at Lakeside Country Club. Would clubs please let the competition secretary know what their entries are.