It’s back to business for Anthony Ogogo
- Credit: Jerry Daws
Anthony Ogogo will end months of agony and make his return to the ring next month.
The popular Lowestoft boxer, sidelined for the best part of a year with Achilles problems which required four operations – two on each affected area – will fight in Halle, Germany, on Saturday, July 18.
The middleweight, who has won his seven fights as a pro following his bronze medal success at the London Olympics in 2012, has announced he will be joint-promoted by Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions and German organisation Team Sauerland.
'I am incredibly excited by this new partnership and cannot wait to get back in the ring,' he said.
'I now feel fitter than I've ever felt and ready to send a wake-up call to the middleweight division.
You may also want to watch:
'By the time I climb through the ropes at the awesome Gerry Webber Stadion in Halle, Germany, it would have been one year and six days since I stepped into a boxing ring to do what I love, fight.'
Ogogo revealed the frustrations of his absence when he said: 'I've learnt so much about myself in the past 12 months. Things that when I'm in the proverbial trenches, in the late rounds of a gruelling fight I know I'm going to have what it takes to climb out and win the fight. I'm even looking forward to it, I can't wait.'
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 6 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 10 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode