It's all quiet on the transfer front
CHRIS LAKEY Nigel Worthington admits he won't be holding his breath as the transfer deadline draws to a close on Thursday.
Nigel Worthington admits he won't be holding his breath as the transfer deadline draws to a close on Thursday.
The Canaries manager has until Thursday midnight to add to a squad which has grown in size by just one this summer - Lee Croft being the only addition.
However, with City nicely perched in second place in the Championship and having started the same team for each of the campaign's five Championship outings so far, Worthington's priority is to find players to add depth to a shallow-looking squad.
You may also want to watch:
“We still need numbers for the squad in case we pick up any injuries or people lose form,” he said. “To add one or two would be useful, without interrupting anything in the first team.”
The signing of Croft from Manchester City, has heralded a preferred formation of 4-3-3 and brought with it a passing game with the emphasis on attacking football - and brought its reward in the shape of three wins, a draw and a defeat.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
Worthington - whose wants cover at left back, centre forward and goalkeeper - denied rumours in Blackburn's Finnish striker Shefqi Kuqi.
The 29-year-old looks like being surplus to requirements at Ewood Park and has attracted interest from West Brom and Birmingham. Norwich, though, have not been amongst the chasing pack.
“He's a player we like, but he is not someone we have inquired about,” said Worthington.
“There are inquiries that are on-going but I am not holding my breath. It's all quiet on the western front.
“If you speak to different managers it's pretty quiet all around.”