Ipswich heavyweight Fabio Wardley thanks Norwich’s Sam Sexton for guidance
- Credit: Jerry Daws / Stillfocusedmedia
Fabio Wardley proved there is such a thing as friendly rivalry between Norwich and Ipswich when he won his second outing as a pro.
The 22-year-old from Ipswich took just two minutes and 46 seconds to see off Zheko Zhekov, in Norwich on Saturday night. Wardley had the Bulgarian down with a big right and not long afterwards the visitor slumped down in the corner, clearly not relishing the prospect of four rounds of Wardley in his face.
At ringside was Norwich's former Commonwealth heavyweight champion Sam Sexton who has helped Wardley through the tentative stages of his new career.
'I can credit a lot of how far I have come and how well I am doing to him and all the guidance and things he has given me,' added Wardley.
'Even when I first started out and I had no clue about the pro game at all and I was kind of struggling through the three-minute rounds and getting used to things, but now I am comfortable and we have some really good competitive spars so I can credit a lot to Sam today.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Old disused ice rink closed down for decade for sale
- 2 Festival cancelled over 'pingdemic' threat to staff
- 3 Man in 40s dies from Covid at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Roof cut off taxi to release people after A140 crash with lorry
- 5 Pub shuts for 10 days - a few days after reopening
- 6 Students' protest after school named in sex abuse list
- 7 Weather warning for thunderstorms across parts of Norfolk
- 8 Council's holiday let sell off after failing to make enough money
- 9 The countries you can fly to England from with no quarantine
- 10 Call for action at troubled hotel as couple find woman in room at 5am