CoNAC’s Iona Lake takes runner-up spot at South of England Cross Country Championships
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
City of Norwich AC athlete Iona Lake was runner up at the South of England Cross Country Championships held at Parliament Hill on Saturday.
The 26-year-old, who came third in the National Cross Country Championships last year held at Parliament Hill, came second in 27:59, behind Wycombe Phoenix's Pippa Woolven, who won the event in 26:53.
It followed up a commanding performance that saw her win the Norfolk Cross Country Championships in Thetford earlier this month.
MORE: Norfolk Cross Country Championships reportCoNAC team-mate Dani Nimmock secured a top 10 finish, as she claimed ninth spot in 29:06 whilst Mabel Beckett, also CoNAC, was 44th in 31:18.
Piers Arnold came home in 66th place in the men's senior race to follow up his runner-up performance at the county championships whilst Stu Huntington was 132nd in 52:24. Sam Todd was 176th in 53:36.
Tonbridge AC's Henry Pearce took first place in 45:53.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash