Inside Track 2013: Captain Mads Korneliussen’s weekly look inside the Norfolk Arena
- Credit: IAN BURT
We host Lakeside Hammers again this evening and I still can't believe what happened when we faced them here last week.
It was a crazy meeting full of some excellent racing. Buster (Chapman) has found some of the old shale he used to use and it's certainly made the track better. We started poorly and Lakeside opened up an eight-point lead. But we pulled ourselves back into it thanks to Nicklas Porsing mainly. He showed why Rob (Lyon) and Buster brought him here.
He has found it pretty difficult going so far, which to be fair isn't a surprise because he's never raced in the UK before. The tracks are different to what they are in Denmark and on the continent. However, on Wednesday he rode a couple of stormers. It lifted his mood, the crowd's mood and our mood as he picked up his first Stars' race win and helped us pick up back-to-back 5-1s. Then Richie (Worrall) and I made it three in a row. It was a great couple of races.
Things stayed tight right up until the end with us desperate for all three league points and Lakeside desperate to take something home. Both of us are so keen to make the play-offs.
So going into the last meeting of the night we knew we needed at least a 4-2 race win to triumph by seven or more and achieve our goal. With Tai (Woffinden, guest) and Rory (Schlein) being picked for heat 15, I fancied us.
You may also want to watch:
It looked like I was right when on lap one Tai took the lead, left a gap for Rory, and he powered up the inside. Piotr Swiderski hit the deck though, and was run over by Peter Karlsson – who left in an ambulance – to stop the meeting. My thoughts were, and are, still with PK who suffered back injuries and I hope he's ok.
But I still can't believe Rory was excluded. It was an absolute joke decision. Piotr turned left. He caused the crash. Yet Rory, and we, got punished. So we only picked up two points rather than the three we deserved.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
Let's hope we get some better decisions, and three points, tonight.
- Mads Korneliussen was talking to Gavin Caney.
• Read Mads' exclusive column first every week on Wednesdays in the EDP.
• Follow Mads on Twitter, or read his previous columns, by clicking on the links on the right-hand side of this page