Injury crisis for Gorleston
Gorleston travel to Wroxham this evening in the Ridgeons Premier League suffering an injury crisis which has deprived Greens boss Richard Daniels of 10 first team players.
Daniels was hoping to take advantage of Wroxham perhaps having one eye on their FA Cup third round qualifying tie against Dover Athletic on Saturday but injuries have taken their toll.
'We've got 10 lads unavailable at the moment so we've been decimated by injuries,' he said. 'It's disappointing because with Wroxham having the FA Cup match on Saturday we feel we could maybe spring a surprise at their place.
'Saturday is a big game for them and I thought he might rest a couple with that in mind but with them losing at Brantham I can't see David wanting to lose two in a row and that might come into his thinking.
'I've got a lot of respect for Dave - he is very thorough in his preparation and I think they will win the league this year.'
Daniels hopes that some of his fringe players can stake a claim for a regular starting place.
'There's no doubt it's a chance for some of the other lads and it's up to them to take that opportunity.'
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 8 Three cars crash near Swainsthorpe on Norwich Road
- 9 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
- 10 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
Norwich United welcome Diss Town to Plantation Park looking to build on their 3-0 win at Walsham-le-Willows on Saturday.