Injury crisis for Gorleston
Gorleston travel to Wroxham this evening in the Ridgeons Premier League suffering an injury crisis which has deprived Greens boss Richard Daniels of 10 first team players.
Daniels was hoping to take advantage of Wroxham perhaps having one eye on their FA Cup third round qualifying tie against Dover Athletic on Saturday but injuries have taken their toll.
'We've got 10 lads unavailable at the moment so we've been decimated by injuries,' he said. 'It's disappointing because with Wroxham having the FA Cup match on Saturday we feel we could maybe spring a surprise at their place.
'Saturday is a big game for them and I thought he might rest a couple with that in mind but with them losing at Brantham I can't see David wanting to lose two in a row and that might come into his thinking.
'I've got a lot of respect for Dave - he is very thorough in his preparation and I think they will win the league this year.'
You may also want to watch:
Daniels hopes that some of his fringe players can stake a claim for a regular starting place.
'There's no doubt it's a chance for some of the other lads and it's up to them to take that opportunity.'
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
Norwich United welcome Diss Town to Plantation Park looking to build on their 3-0 win at Walsham-le-Willows on Saturday.