Impressive Laura climbs the rankings
The second day of the Norfolk AAA Championships may have had a small number of events but there were some good performances.
Top result at Sportspark in Norwich was the record triple jump of Laura Green. She has hit form at the right time with the English Schools championships only a few days away. Her jump of 11.57m was a new under 20 record and moves her to the top six in the country.
Lorraine Brown set a new veterans' record in the javelin. Another javelin thrower to do well was Harry Newenham when he threw 50.61m in the under 20 event.
The 1,500m events provided some good competitions. Ellie Drake from Diss had a good win in the under 15 girls' event. Tom Hook led the whole way in the under 17 1500m race in 4 mins 15.3 secs and Ashley Waterson continued the good from he showed throughout the cross country season with a clear win in 4 mins 31.2 secs in the under 13 championship race.
The county's athletes will next be in action at the English Schools championships at Gateshead at the weekend. Callum Brown and Sophie McKinna will not be taking part at Gateshead as they will be representing Great Britain in the World Youth Games in France the following week.
You may also want to watch:
• Several members of the City of Norwich Triathlon Club took part in the North Norfolk Triathlon, part of the Eastern Region race series.
Adam Cottrell finished fifth in the Tri Star event while Megan Cottrell was eighth in Tri-Star 1 female. In Tri-Star 1 male Rowan Baker was third, Oliver Nolan fifth and Jamie Brown sixth.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 6 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
In Tri-Star 2 boys Matthew Baker was third and Lewis Nolan ninth while in Tri-Star 3 girls Sophie Alden was first. In Tri-Star 3 boys Tom Brown was fifth and Lewis Hardcastle eighth while in the youth girls Catherine Lee was second and Rebecca Lemon third.