Impressive draw for Norfolk girls
The Norfolk girls' produced an excellent result when their first team held Bedfordshire to a draw and their second team won 3-0, when they travelled away to The Bedfordshire.
'I was really pleased, it was a great result against a side who, on paper, are stronger than us,' said junior organiser Carol Delf.
Eaton's Ellie Judd pulled off an impressive 5/4 win over an opponent whose handicap was five shots lower than her own. Gabriella Masding (Royal Norwich) scored her third consecutive county win, while Emma Dann (The Norfolk) made a great debut for the first team with a 2up win.
Barnham Broom's Lauren Asker also played for the team for the first time and, although she lost, she gained valuable experience.
The second team, who play foursomes, included three new faces: Amelia Williamson (Royal Cromer), Samantha Darling (Costessey Park) and Eleanor Brown (Barnham Broom). They helped the team to its first win of the season with a 3-0 whitewash over their opponents.
You may also want to watch:
A group of up-and-coming girls have recently been to England coach Paul Ashwell for a coaching day, paid for with donations from clubs including Royal West Norfolk. They were the second party of Norfolk girls to gain the experience this year and they learned about course management, basic aspects of the mental game, swing analysis, and the short game. Those attending on this occasion were Maisy Turner (Hunstanton), Gabriella Masding, Jess Dixon (Thetford), Alisha Margerum (Thetford), Sian Fenn Green (The Norfolk) and Amelia Williamson. It was very worthwhile,' said Delf.
First team (Norfolk names first): Maisy Turner (Hunstanton) lost to Sophie Hillier 3/1, Juliet Fenton (King's Lynn) lost to Chloe Li 4/2, Ellie Judd (Eaton) beat Kathryn Canagher 5/4, Gabriella Masding (Royal Norwich) beat Elena Tizzard 3/1, Emma Dann (The Norfolk) beat Augustine Vale 2 up, Lauren Asker (Barnham Broom) lost to Bethany Healey 5/4.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 8 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 9 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 10 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
Second team: Jess Dixon (Thetford) and Alisha Margerum (Thetford) beat Clare Wilkie & Catherine Sarrow 4/3, Sian Fenn Green (The Norfolk) and Samantha Darling (Costessey Park) beat Louise Eddy & Freda Daniels 5/4, Amelia Williamson (Royal Cromer), Eleanor Brown (Barnham Broom) beat Hannah Lising White and Olivia Cornick 4/3.