Impressive draw for Norfolk girls
The Norfolk girls' produced an excellent result when their first team held Bedfordshire to a draw and their second team won 3-0, when they travelled away to The Bedfordshire.
'I was really pleased, it was a great result against a side who, on paper, are stronger than us,' said junior organiser Carol Delf.
Eaton's Ellie Judd pulled off an impressive 5/4 win over an opponent whose handicap was five shots lower than her own. Gabriella Masding (Royal Norwich) scored her third consecutive county win, while Emma Dann (The Norfolk) made a great debut for the first team with a 2up win.
Barnham Broom's Lauren Asker also played for the team for the first time and, although she lost, she gained valuable experience.
The second team, who play foursomes, included three new faces: Amelia Williamson (Royal Cromer), Samantha Darling (Costessey Park) and Eleanor Brown (Barnham Broom). They helped the team to its first win of the season with a 3-0 whitewash over their opponents.
You may also want to watch:
A group of up-and-coming girls have recently been to England coach Paul Ashwell for a coaching day, paid for with donations from clubs including Royal West Norfolk. They were the second party of Norfolk girls to gain the experience this year and they learned about course management, basic aspects of the mental game, swing analysis, and the short game. Those attending on this occasion were Maisy Turner (Hunstanton), Gabriella Masding, Jess Dixon (Thetford), Alisha Margerum (Thetford), Sian Fenn Green (The Norfolk) and Amelia Williamson. It was very worthwhile,' said Delf.
First team (Norfolk names first): Maisy Turner (Hunstanton) lost to Sophie Hillier 3/1, Juliet Fenton (King's Lynn) lost to Chloe Li 4/2, Ellie Judd (Eaton) beat Kathryn Canagher 5/4, Gabriella Masding (Royal Norwich) beat Elena Tizzard 3/1, Emma Dann (The Norfolk) beat Augustine Vale 2 up, Lauren Asker (Barnham Broom) lost to Bethany Healey 5/4.
- 1 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 2 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
Second team: Jess Dixon (Thetford) and Alisha Margerum (Thetford) beat Clare Wilkie & Catherine Sarrow 4/3, Sian Fenn Green (The Norfolk) and Samantha Darling (Costessey Park) beat Louise Eddy & Freda Daniels 5/4, Amelia Williamson (Royal Cromer), Eleanor Brown (Barnham Broom) beat Hannah Lising White and Olivia Cornick 4/3.