Ilford 1, Wroxham 3
Ecstasy was followed by agony for Matt Daniels on Saturday as he struck twice to earn Wroxham all three points at struggling Ilford, before leaving the fray with a fractured hand.
Wroxham handed debuts to ,on-loan Norwich City goalkeeper Remi Matthews and former King's Lynn player Jamie Forshaw.
On a difficult playing surface, the Yachtsmen had taken a 21st minute lead when Ross Durrant's drive flew into the net.
Wroxham made a tactical change, pushing Daniels into a more advanced position, and it paid off handsomely as he added a second on 35 minutes, before slamming home a volley in the 65th minute.
Ilford pulled one back with a long range effort, but Wroxham – who face Heybridge Swifts at Trafford Park tomorrow night – were never in danger of letting their advantage slip.
Yachtsmen boss David Batch said: 'The first half was very comfortable and we didn't have to defend our box on any occasions at all.
'In the second half Ilford reacted, but we said the next goal is important and we managed to get it, which effectively won us the match.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 9 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
'The downside is a fractured hand which caused Matty Daniels to exit the game and he will now miss a couple of games at least.'