I’ll have the last laugh on critics, says Anthony Ogogo
Boxer Anthony Ogogo can't wait to make his critics look 'silly' as he takes his first steps to recovery from an operation on his Achilles tendons.
Despite boasting a 100 per cent winning record in his seven bouts some critics have doubted whether the 25-year-old has the necessary power to reach the top of the middleweight division.
However, Ogogo revealed his boxing style has been compromised due to a debilitating Achilles injury he has been managing since turning professional.
'It had been causing me so much pain and discomfort and has had a massive impact on my training and performances in the ring,' said Ogogo, who underwent surgery last week and is expected to return to the ring in the new year.
'I've had to put up with some pundits criticising my performances and I've kept my counsel because I didn't want anyone to think I was making excuses.
You may also want to watch:
'Some commentators have said that I can't punch hard enough and I can't wait to make them look silly. Your punching power comes from your legs and due to the injury this has been severely compromised for several years. I can't wait to unleash my full potential.'
Read Ogogo's exclusive in today's EDP.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown