I’ll have the last laugh on critics, says Anthony Ogogo
Boxer Anthony Ogogo can't wait to make his critics look 'silly' as he takes his first steps to recovery from an operation on his Achilles tendons.
Despite boasting a 100 per cent winning record in his seven bouts some critics have doubted whether the 25-year-old has the necessary power to reach the top of the middleweight division.
However, Ogogo revealed his boxing style has been compromised due to a debilitating Achilles injury he has been managing since turning professional.
'It had been causing me so much pain and discomfort and has had a massive impact on my training and performances in the ring,' said Ogogo, who underwent surgery last week and is expected to return to the ring in the new year.
'I've had to put up with some pundits criticising my performances and I've kept my counsel because I didn't want anyone to think I was making excuses.
You may also want to watch:
'Some commentators have said that I can't punch hard enough and I can't wait to make them look silly. Your punching power comes from your legs and due to the injury this has been severely compromised for several years. I can't wait to unleash my full potential.'
Read Ogogo's exclusive in today's EDP.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 10 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home