‘I do not want to tame him’: King’s Lynn Town boss Gary Setchell on banned midfielder Dan Quigley
- Credit: Matthew Usher
King's Lynn Town boss Gary Setchell never wants to remove the fire from Dan Quigley's game.
The all-action midfielder has become a fans' favourite at The Walks for his energetic displays and love of a crunching tackle. But the latter often lands him in hot water and having picked up 10 bookings this season he will miss his side's next two games.
However, his manager insists he would be losing a huge part of his starlet's qualities if he tried to tame the 23-year-old's combative nature.
Setchell, who will be without the Linnet, more commonly known as Quigz, this afternoon at home to Trafford and at Droylsden on Tuesday, said: 'His bookings are not for mouthing off at referees or kicking the ball away, they're for honest endeavour.
'If you took that away from him you'd lose some of his best qualities. I'd never stop him doing what he does. He goes for and wins so many second balls. We'll miss his height as well from crosses and corners.
You may also want to watch:
'We'll probably have to play a little differently without him. We'll probably win less second balls so we'll have to try and counteract that.'
Since Quigley's arrival from Long Buckby in June 2012 the popular player has made 85 appearances and scored 10 goals. He is on contract at The Walks until the end of next season.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 8 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 9 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 10 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall