Hundreds take part in Adnams Southwold 10k
A crisp but sunny day welcomed hundreds of runners as they took the roads of picturesque Southwold.
Today's fourth annual Adnams Southwold 10k saw 672 people set off from the Harbour Inn and complete two laps, taking in Blackshore, Gardiner, Godyll Road and York Road.
They finished just before the Red Lion pub.
The sold-out event was won by City of Norwich Athletic Club's Piers Arnold who crossed the finish line in a time of 32 minutes and 48 seconds.
Top female was Kate Titlow, of Warrington Athletics Club, who completed 6.2-mile course in 40 minutes and 35 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich-based triathlon club Tri-Anglia member Jenny Mayne, who took part with her husband Monty, said it was a 'lovely run'.
The mother-of-two, who completed the course in 55 minutes and 54 seconds, said: 'It was a beautiful day and a lovely run although not the easiest course with the hills.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 7 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 8 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
Many of the runners were raising funds for the Adnams Charity which donates to groups and organisations within 25 miles of Southwold. To donate to the charity, go to www.justgiving.com/adnamscharity.