Hundreds take part in Adnams Southwold 10k
A crisp but sunny day welcomed hundreds of runners as they took the roads of picturesque Southwold.
Today's fourth annual Adnams Southwold 10k saw 672 people set off from the Harbour Inn and complete two laps, taking in Blackshore, Gardiner, Godyll Road and York Road.
They finished just before the Red Lion pub.
The sold-out event was won by City of Norwich Athletic Club's Piers Arnold who crossed the finish line in a time of 32 minutes and 48 seconds.
Top female was Kate Titlow, of Warrington Athletics Club, who completed 6.2-mile course in 40 minutes and 35 seconds.
Norwich-based triathlon club Tri-Anglia member Jenny Mayne, who took part with her husband Monty, said it was a 'lovely run'.
The mother-of-two, who completed the course in 55 minutes and 54 seconds, said: 'It was a beautiful day and a lovely run although not the easiest course with the hills.'
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 5 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 6 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Man in his 20s dies after hit-and-run
- 8 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 9 Crews battle overnight house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Several roads closed in King's Lynn due to crash and police incident
Many of the runners were raising funds for the Adnams Charity which donates to groups and organisations within 25 miles of Southwold. To donate to the charity, go to www.justgiving.com/adnamscharity.