Huckerby flying up the Actim Index
CHRIS LAKEY Darren Huckerby is the player to watch in the Championship. The flying winger's performances against promotion hopefuls Birmingham and Stoke saw him record the highest score in the Actim Index - the official player ratings of the Coca-Cola Championship.
Official statistics say Darren Huckerby is the player to watch in the Championship.
The flying winger's performances against promotion hopefuls Birmingham and Stoke saw him record the highest score in the Actim Index - the official player ratings of the Coca-Cola Championship.
The 30-year-old moved up six places in the rankings, having scored the only goal in both of the Canaries' 1-0 wins against the promotion-chasing sides. Huckerby is now the eighth highest-ranked player in the Championship table with a total Actim Index score of 536.
You may also want to watch:
According to the Actim stats, Huckerby - who has seven goals and eight assists in 33 appearances - has had 3,081 minutes on the pitch, when he has also recorded 36 shots on target, 28 off target, 342 completed passes, 179 crosses, 89 dribbles, 46 tackles won, 11 interceptions, five clearances - and received six yellow cards.
The Canaries' other top performers include defender Jason Shackell and midfielder Dickson Etuhu. Shackell, who has scored three goals in 35 appearances, is currently the seventh highest-ranked defender in the Championship while Etuhu's three goals in 36 appearances helps him to the ranking of 18 for midfielders.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
The Actim Index is calculated using a unique mathematical formula that rates each player's contribution, be it goals, shots, passes, dribbles, tackles, crosses, saves, clearances, blocks, interceptions, time on the pitch or number of points gained by the team with marks deducted for red and yellow cards. Two additional calculations, which take account of player assists and a goalkeeper's clean sheets, have been added for the new season to increase the amount of variables a player is now measured by.