Howard’s way to first place at Forest Edge Arena
Forest Edge Arena welcomed competitors back to the centre for the first event of the new year, the Spillers Unaffiliated Dressage.
Judge, Mrs Francesa Rizza, had well supported classes throughout the day, with the Preliminary tests proving most popular.
Lucy Howard riding Just George won the walk and trot test with a score of 70.47pc.
A regular rider at Forest Edge Arena, Jessica Lawrence riding Lady Roberts piebald cob Wolf, executed two consistent tests. She won the Preliminary 7 class with an impressive 75.5pc and secured second place in the Preliminary 1 class just being pipped at the post by Sue Cousins, riding her own Swynford King, on 78.94pc.
The Novice 27 was won by Shelly Harwood riding Ballyroe Rose, and the Novice 30 class by Roman Gladiator, owned and ridden by Samantha Huggan. The last class of the day, the Elementary 42, was won by Sarah Williamson and Archie with a score of 72.81pc.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow and Saturday at Forest Edge there is a two-day British showjumping seniors show and an unaffiliated showjumping show on Sunday.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park