Horsford hold on to give themselves a timely tonic
- Credit: Archant
Horsford ended a troubled week on a positive note by battling their way to a hard-fought draw against Vauxhall Mallards at Halvergate,
In a rain-affected game they finished on 106-9 in their 35 overs while chasing a target of 147-6 from 56.2 (Ben France 62).
Luke Caswell and Mitchell Todd took four wickets apiece for Mallards, but the visitors survived to give themselves a timely boost,
Horsford went into match the under a cloud – in more ways than one – following the abandonment of their previous match against Copdock because of what was deemed to be a dangerous pitch at Manor Park. A league hearing on the umpires' decision has taken place, but nothing has been made public as of yet.
Over at Postwick the game between Norwich and Burwell ran its natural course, with the Cambridgeshire side claiming a four-wicket win.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts were bowled out for 205 in the 52nd over, with nearly half their runs being scored by Will O'Donnell, whose 134 ball unbeaten 101 included 12 fours and one six.
Burwell got home in the 44th over, thanks largely to the game's second century from Andrew Bramley, who made 110. Skipper Ashley Watson claimed 4-79 in his 15.2 overs.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham