Horror first half of four goals against and two red cards leads to King’s Lynn Town losing 6-1 at Buxton
- Credit: IAN BURT
Nine-man King's Lynn Town crashed to a heavy defeat at Buxton in the Evo-Stike Premier Division tonight after a first-half collapse at the Silverlands.
Goalkeeper Ashley Timms and midfielder Jake Jones both saw red inside the opening 45 minutes as the visitors suffered a fourth consecutive defeat.
Gary Setchell made two changes from Saturday with Liam Hurst making a debut after joining on loan from Cambridge United earlier in the day.
Buxton did have the ball in the back of the net on 25 minutes but Lee Morris was adjudged to have fouled Timms during his jump.
The turning point of the game then arrived moments later when Timms was shown a straight red after a coming-together with Morris inside the area.
You may also want to watch:
With no sub goalkeeper on the bench, Dan Quigley donned the gloves but he was powerless to prevent Morris' penalty.
Less than a minute later Buxton were 2-0 up when Matt Thornhill pounced after Quigley spilled inside the area, before Liam Hardy headed home a third.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
Lynn's nightmare half then became even worse when Jones saw two yellows inside a minute for a show of dissent.
And right on the brink of half-time Ash Palmer's bullet header made it 4-0.
For the second half, Andrew Hall replaced Quigley between the sticks but it was only six minutes before he was beaten as Hardy grabbed his second.
King's Lynn's inefficiencies were then further exposed when Morris finished coolly to make it 6-0.
Six minutes from time substitute Sam Mulready scored the very scantest of consolations on a hugely forgettable night for the Linnets.
Buxton: Warrington, Ludlam, Green, Palmer (Hodder 53), Brooks, Davies, Thornhill, Istead (Stevens 14), Morris, Hardy, King (Lugsden 69). Subs not used: Niven, Ryan
Goals: Morris (pen 29, 52) Thornhill (31), Hardy (34, 51), Palmer (45)
King's Lynn: Timms, Bore, Yong, Lee (Stocker 4), R Clarke, Thomson, Hall, Quigley, McDonald (Mulready 67), Hurst (E Clarke 72), Jones.
Goals: Mulready (83)
Sent off: Timms, Jones
Referee: M Rawcliffe (Manchester)