Home ties for King’s Lynn and Gorleston in FA Trophy and Vase draws
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn Town and Gorleston have both been handed home ties in this afternoon's draws for the next rounds of the FA Trophy and FA Vase.
King's Lynn will host Southern Premier Division rivals St Ives Town at The Walks in the final qualifying round of the Buildbase FA Trophy, avoiding a tie against a National League North or South side.
Lynn have not faced the Cambridgeshire club in the league yet but were beaten 6-5 on penalties at St Ives in the League Cup in early October, following a goalless draw which saw Lynn defender Matty Castellan suffer a nasty head injury.
The youngster had to be kept in hospital overnight following the second half collision, which delayed the game for around 30 minutes.
Lynn reached third round qualifying of the Trophy thanks to an impressive 3-1 win at Buxton on Saturday. The tie is scheduled to be played on Saturday, November 26, with £4,000 in prize money going to the winner.
Gorleston will welcome Essex Senior League side Basildon United to Emerald Park in the third round of the Buildbase FA Vase.
The Greens beat Northampton Sileby Rangers 2-1 in the second round at Emerald Park on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The third round ties are scheduled to be played on Saturday, December 3, with £975 in prize money going to the winners and £325 to the losers.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit