Home Straight podcast: Episode seven, a special preview to the Speedway World Cup
- Credit: Ian Burt
After a month's break our speedway podcast is back.
Home Straight – brought to you by the Eastern Daily Press and hosted by one of their sports reporters Gavin Caney – is a fortnightly offering, which had just enjoyed a summer break, for fans of the high-drama two-wheel motorsport
Here is the seventh chance to listen to Caney and his high-profile co-hosts Olly Allen and Simon Stead, who are joined by special guest, Danish rider Kenneth Bjerre.
In their latest offering, Olly takes a 'Trip Down Memory Lane', Steady and his compatriot learn their latest challenge during a season-long competition between the duo while the panel also discuss a host of burning topics – namely the forthcoming World Cup, which starts tomorrow.
Recently retired rider Allen is the manager of the BSPA-backed national Poultec Speedway Training Programme and lifelong friend of Sheffield Tigers captain, Team GB international and guest Sky Sports pundit Stead.
You may also want to watch:
For more on Home Straight, or to listen to previous podcasts, click here.
* Podcast was recorded on Tuesday July 19.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Man and woman found dead in home