Holt target a happy end to tough season
- Credit: Stuart Young
This weekend is a huge one for both Holt sides as they look to record wins against difficult opposition but for very different reasons.
The club's first team, ninth, need to win at 10th-placed Basildon to keep the London Two North-East relegation battle interesting between Old Cooperians and their hosts for the day tomorrow. But more importantly a victory would prevent the North Norfolk outfit, who have been defeated in 12 2NE matches, from slipping towards their worst season since 2001 when they were relegated from London Four losing 16 games.
Not that this season has been a disaster as Holt have put together some memorable performances but failed to close out games they could have won. Additionally injuries and absentees have blighted what could have been a completely different season had some of the displays picked up the points they deserved.
Holt Owls would dearly love to enjoy their latest victory over another first XV in Greene King Eastern Counties Division Two North proving that they can hold their own at this new level.
The Owls host Dereham in the penultimate game in Eastern Counties 2N.
While safe from relegation, victory would consolidate seventh place in the league and would be a boost ahead of the Woodforde's Norfolk Plate semi-final at home to Wymondham next weekend.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 4 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 5 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 6 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 7 Norwich painter and decorator named best in the country
- 8 Emma Thompson backs Norwich charity which helped her daughter
- 9 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 10 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance