Holt strikes again to earn Wroxham point at home to Planters
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Former Norwich City striker Grant Holt was on target as Wroxham came from behind to claim a point in a 1-1 draw at home to Norwich United on Tuesday night.
The Yachtsmen's Ryan Miles came close to breaking the deadlock in the first half when he advanced well from the right flank before firing across the face of goal just wide.
The breakthrough came on the hour mark when Ben Fowkes, fresh from his match-winning double at the weekend, drifted past two defenders before drilling the ball home to give United the lead.
But Holt levelled shortly after Planters' goalkeeper Luke Pearson could only parry into his path and the striker made no mistake. Miles came close to getting a winner but fired just wide.
Elsewhere Kirkley & Pakefield went down to a 2-0 defeat at home to Walsham-le-Willows whilst Swaffham thought they had come from behind to take victory when Joe Jackson made it 2-1 against Ely but a late own goal ensured the visitors gained a share of the spoils.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab