Holt are handed the points for the third time this season
- Credit: Archant
For the third time this season Holt have gained five league points due to their opposition conceding the game.
Firstly Lowestoft & Yarmouth, then Newmarket and now Wisbech have been unable to field a full team to honour a league fixture.
'This is a sad reflection of the strength of grass roots rugby in the Eastern Counties which will hopefully be addressed by the powers that be,' said Holt's Iain MacBrayne.
It was particularly disappointing for coaches Ed Steed and Phil Sharpe who had been hoping for a full-on league game to test their squad before taking on North Walsham in the Norfolk Senior Cup on Saturday.
To their credit the Wisbech players who were available travelled to Holt and this enabled an 11-a-side friendly game to take place. Holt used this opportunity to give all of their squad, by rotation, a work-out in a game which they comfortably won.
You may also want to watch:
On the negative side Holt lost another opportunity to increase their points difference total - which could prove costly.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game