Holt reach final again
Swaffham 13, Holt 40: Holt reached the final of the Norfolk Junior Cup for the second year running when they repeated last season's victory at Swaffham to set up a clash at Thetford.
Swaffham 13, Holt 40
Holt reached the final of the Norfolk Junior Cup for the second year running when they repeated last season's victory at Swaffham to set up a clash at Thetford.
The hosts started brightly and took the lead with a penalty but Holt replied after 15 minutes, Rumsby finishing off a move to give his side the lead. The visitors went further ahead when Brown finished off another good move.
A Brown penalty stretched Holt's lead soon after the break and some good passing ended with Walton scoring a try, which Brown converted. Three minutes later Brown was again on target with a penalty, giving his side a healthy lead of 20 points.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham responded by scoring an unconverted try in the corner before Holt swept back up the field for Rumsby to score his second try with 10 minutes remaining. Holt still had not finished and, following a scrum, Mears added his name to the try scorers, with Brown converting.
From the restart Holt kept possession and with some more good interpassing, Walton scored his second try before Swaffham scored another unconverted try.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals