Holt move up to third
Holt 11, Woodbridge 5: Holt avenged the defeat they suffered at Woodbridge earlier in the season to move up to third in the Eastern Counties One table.
Holt 11, Woodbridge 5
Holt avenged the defeat they suffered at Woodbridge earlier in the season to move up to third in the Eastern Counties One table.
The hosts went in front after five minutes through a Mears penalty and that is the way it stayed in the first half.
Holt started the second half with aggression but were not able to press home the advantage and Woodbridge punished them by scoring an unconverted try in the corner.
This gave them a narrow lead which only lasted for barely a minute as Mears converted another penalty.
The hosts were then helped when a Woodbridge player was sin binned for collapsing a maul midway through the half and following concerted pressure on the visitors' goal line, veteran prop Daniels broke off to score an unconverted try, which increased the lead to 11-5.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 5 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 6 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 9 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
Holt were not going to surrender this slender advantage and maintained the pressure on their opponents to the final whistle.