Holt move up to third
Holt 11, Woodbridge 5: Holt avenged the defeat they suffered at Woodbridge earlier in the season to move up to third in the Eastern Counties One table.
Holt 11, Woodbridge 5
Holt avenged the defeat they suffered at Woodbridge earlier in the season to move up to third in the Eastern Counties One table.
The hosts went in front after five minutes through a Mears penalty and that is the way it stayed in the first half.
Holt started the second half with aggression but were not able to press home the advantage and Woodbridge punished them by scoring an unconverted try in the corner.
You may also want to watch:
This gave them a narrow lead which only lasted for barely a minute as Mears converted another penalty.
The hosts were then helped when a Woodbridge player was sin binned for collapsing a maul midway through the half and following concerted pressure on the visitors' goal line, veteran prop Daniels broke off to score an unconverted try, which increased the lead to 11-5.
- 1 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 6 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 7 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 10 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
Holt were not going to surrender this slender advantage and maintained the pressure on their opponents to the final whistle.