Holt dig deep to lead the way
Holt 31, Upminster 25: Holt are top of London 3NE after coming from 15-5 down to maintain their perfect start to the season.
They went behind to a converted try after seven minutes and the men from Essex extended their lead through a penalty. But Holt took advantage when when Upminster had a player yellow carded, Girling putting Jarry-Ryan in for an unconverted try.
Upminster responded with an unconverted try and kept Holt under pressure for the rest of the half.
But it was a different story after the interval. Holt took two minutes to reduce the deficit when Graham Ilsley intercepted a pass and raced 50 metres to score under the posts, Iain Young adding the conversion to narrow the deficit to 12-15. Four minutes later, Loane scored a well taken unconverted try to put Holt in front and swiftly added another, Allen this time converting.
Holt had scored three tries in the space of seven minutes. But Upminster hit back with a penalty before Ilsley eased Holt nerves with another breakaway try, converted by Allen
You may also want to watch:
Upminster closed the gap with nine minutes left with another converted try but Holt held on – and hope to take their form into Saturday's home derby against Wymondham.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts