Hole-in-one for Mundesley golfer
- Credit: Archant
Twelve-handicap golfer Jim McQuattie has chalked up his fifth hole-in-one.
The semi-retired 61-year-old who plays at Mundesley sank the ace at the 179-yard par three 10th during the monthly stableford competition.
'I saw it bounce and disappear but we weren't sure until we got to the green,' said Mr McQuattie from Trunch.
He has had four holes in one at his home course on three different holes the 7th, 10th and even the par four 15th.
Jim, who took up the game in 1992, had paid a 50p hole-in-one insurance at the bar beforehand which covered the cost of the bottle of Scotch he left on the bar to celebrate his achievement.
You may also want to watch:
The hole-in-one also saw him win an exclusive Boss H1 watch.
- 1 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
- 2 'I'd be utterly lost without it' - Family told to dig up vegetable patch
- 3 Head chef whose kitchen burned down leaves restaurant
- 4 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 5 What it is like to be registered at Norfolk's busiest GP
- 6 Man abducted girl, 14, and tried to hide her under bench
- 7 Lidl announces date for new Norwich store opening
- 8 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 9 Katherine Ryan Norwich show called off just before start due to Covid
- 10 Medical watchdog restricts botched op gallbladder surgeon