Holder gives The Hall one hell of a win over CRC

With the Premier Division's top four out of action, Mildenhall took full advantage with an excellent 1-0 win over CRC to climb to fifth.

Steve Holder grabbed the winner before the break – and it would have been a more comfortable afternoon had James Paterson scored his first half penalty soon after.

Kirkley & Pakefield moved level on points with CRC – but will be disappointed with their 1-1 draw at basement side Felixstowe & Walton United. The Royals hit the post twice, while United goalkeeper Dan Heath was excellent on his home debut.

The hosts' sucker punch came on 14 minutes from their first meaningful attack, Jordan Matthews slipping the ball past Dave Attridge. K&P responded well and nabbed an equaliser on 62 minutes. Substitute Ales Holmes' neat give and go with Ross Brown allowed the winger to cross, with Scott Manning converting on the half-volley at the back post.

Wisbech Town lost ground on those above them after being outplayed in a 2-0 at Stanway Rovers, while Norwich United had to make do with a point in their first home game for more than two months. Hadleigh took the lead on 13 minutes against the run of play, Darren Coe's miskick enabling Josh Mayhew to lob Ben Nower.

You may also want to watch:

The Planters were level within five minutes, when a trip on Ross King saw Lee Hunter score from the spot.

Great Yarmouth Town returned from Histon Reserves with a point after an excellent comeback. Goals by Carlow Lawrence and Kenny Smith gave the dominant hosts a half-time lead, but Yarmouth roared back after a few words from manager Paul Tong. Jake Reed's unstoppable 30-yard drive and Scott Woodcock's 56th minute penalty – after Reed was pushed – levelled things. Town remain unbeaten in the league this year.

Most Read

Second place Wroxham saw their trip to Walsham-le-Willows postponed on Friday, following the tragic accident at Claxton Engineering Services in Great Yarmouth. The four men killed had been involved with the Suffolk club in the past, as well as Stanton FC.

In the First Division, third place Diss Town remaimed ahead of Ipswich Wanderers thanks to a 1-1 draw in Suffolk and Danny Partridge's goal.

Gorleston thumped bottom side Cornard United 6-0 at Emerald Park. Second half strikes from Bradley Hough, Chris Stanford, Scott Woodgate (two), Danny Mitchell and a late own goal did the trick.

Thetford Town picked up an excellent three points at Saffron Walden Town thanks to goals from Matt Dixon and Henry Scott.

Swaffham Town's brief resurgence came to an end at Long Melford. An 89th minute 35-yard strike from Daren Hockton looked to have earned the Pedlars a point following the home side's second half opener. But a second defensive mistake was punished 60 seconds later.

Fakenham could not take advantage, losing 1-0 at home to Whitton.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter