Hilton hunting a first Ryman League Division One North victory of the season for Wroxham
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Improving Wroxham have an excellent chance to gain their first victory of the season as they return to Trafford Park, writes Adrian Gowling.
The Yachtsmen earned their third point of the Ryman League Division One North campaign on Tuesday night with a battling performance at Soham Town Rangers – despite playing for more than 70 minutes with 10 men following Matt Halliday's hotly-disputed dismissal for a goal-denying handball. That result followed on from their previous display at high-flying Bowers & Pitsea, which saw the Norfolk strugglers earn a share of the spoils.
So Damian Hilton will be hoping to pick up his first three-point haul of the campaign when Great Wakering Rovers arrive this afternoon. They have had a stuttering start to the term themselves and have won just once in four away games so far.
Wroxham's boss said: 'The boys showed loads of character (at Soham) which was something that wasn't seen in the opening games of this season and the last few last season. They've gone behind in games but have got something from the game.'
Additions from Dereham Town, Matt Cook and Liam Clayton, have played in the last two games and could feature while James Baughurst, signed from AFC Sudbury on Monday, had to settle for a place on the bench against Soham.
You may also want to watch:
Leading scorer Jordan Rocastle missed the trip to Soham but should be available to return today while Halliday's ban starts in the week.
Fellow Division One North side Norwich United are without a game. They return to action on Tuesday at home to AFC Hornchurch.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 10 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub