Highlights of youth finals at Norfolk Big Rugby Weekend to be screened on Mustard TV
- Credit: Ingrid Campbell
Six county youth finals made for a successful second day of Norfolk Big Rugby Weekend at Holt RFC.
The Broadland Business Park youth finals featured West Norfolk beating Wymondham 40-20 in the under-16 cup, hosts Holt running out 33-0 winner against Wymondham in the U15 cup and the honours share in the U14 cup as North Walsham and Wymondham drew 7-7.
The plate competitions saw Holt beat Diss 38-12 in the U16 final, Norwich win 37-17 against North Walsham at U15 level and Holt beating Diss 31-5 in the U14 final.
Adam Smith, fund manager and director of Broadland Business Park's owners, Lothbury Investment Management, said: 'This was a great day of junior rugby and both Holt and Norfolk RFU are to be congratulated for staging such a successful event.'
'Most praise, of course, must go to the players from a wide range of Norfolk clubs who qualified for the finals and put on a very impressive display of flowing rugby on the day, and to the players from the teams who competed for a place in the finals throughout the season.
You may also want to watch:
!Norfolk punches well above its weight in terms of the talented rugby players that its clubs produce and there can be little doubt that some of tomorrow's rugby stars were seen in action at this year's finals.'
Highlights of the finals are being shown on Mustard TV, on freeview channel seven, at 9.30pm tonight and 8.30pm tomorrow – and will also be available at youtube.com/MustardTVNorwich
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region