Heybridge Swifts 1, Wroxham 1
Wroxham bounced back from Saturday's disappointing home defeat at the hands of Soham last night as they returned from fourth-placed Heybridge with a hard earned draw.
The Yachtsmen had a point to prove after losing 3-0 in front of their own supporters at the weekend and looked to be up against it again when Luke Callender fired the Swifts into a first half lead.
But David Batch's side regrouped and got back on level terms when Matt Daniels netted from a corner.
The visitors continued to give a good account of themselves and might have won it near the end when Jamie Speller went close.
An 11th league draw of the season was not be sniffed at however against a side who are well placed to make the end of season play-offs.
Next up for Wroxham is a trip to Waltham Abbey, currently two places below them in 18th, tomorrow afternoon.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 5 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 6 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 9 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack