Hero Holmes helps Blofield go top after five-star show
Blofield United and Mattishall both hit five goals to jump into the top two slots in the Anglian Combination Premier Division.
With morning joint leaders Acle and Loddon in Norfolk Senior Cup action, top spot was up for grabs – and a hat-trick from Chris Holmes against Beccles ensured Blofield took full advantage.
Also among the goals for United were Colin Wines and Stuart Rushbrook, while Damon Bensley and Anthony Martin replied for Beccles.
Mattishall also had a hat-trick hero, Christian Harbour, with Gary Harbour adding the other two goals in a 5-2 win at Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves. Wayne Twomlow and Oliver Winram were on target for the hosts.
Cromer Town moved level on points with the clutch of four clubs below the new leaders as they beat Norwich St Johns 2-0 with goals from Matthew Eves and John Curtis.
You may also want to watch:
Holt United pulled off the only surprise result of the Norfolk Senior Cup second round as the Division One side won 2-1 at the Premier Division's bottom side North Walsham.
Daniel Barnes and Harry Maddison saw Acle safely through against Sheringham and Loddon defeated Hellesdon 2-1.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
Iain Mills struck twice and Adam Willis also netted as Hempnall defeated Watton 3-1, with Xavier Huckle scoring for Watton.
Spixworth's 5-0 triumph over Wells included a double for Jason Armes and other goals from Devin Blundell, Jody Cork and Danny Brown.
Robert Browne scored the only goal of the game to send Wymondham through at the expense of Reepham and St Andrews recorded a 1-0 win at home to Horsford.
The tie between Bradenham Wanderers and Dersingham Rovers was abandoned after 20 minutes with the score at 0-0 when Dersingham player Nicky Bunting fell awkwardly and suffered a nasty wrist injury.
An ambulance was called and the referee eventually took the decision to abandon the game, with the replay this Saturday.
In Division One, Brandon Town moved top with a 4-2 victory against Hindringham.
Luke Slater's brace handed Corton a 2-1 win over Long Stratton to lift them to second. Jonathan King scored for Stratton.
Alistair Shearer bagged both goals in Poringland Wanderers' 2-1 win at Norwich-CEYMS, with Matthew Smith on target for the hosts.
Sprowston Atheltic had Major Thornton to thank for both goals in a 2-1 win at home to Stalham, David Dockerty netting the visitors' reply.