Early double settles Trophy tie for Linnets
- Credit: Archant
The Linnets booked themselves a place in the first round of the FA Trophy after a 3-0 replay win at Hereford.
Having tried, unsuccessfully, for 90 minutes on Saturday to find the back of the net, Lynn were 2-0 up inside seven minutes.
Centre-half Rory McAuley got the first after five minutes, nodding in Michael Clunan's corner, while Ross Barrows - standing in alongside McAuley - fired home the second.
Hereford had a golden opportunity to get back into the game just six minutes into the second half from the penalty spot after a shove on Peter Vincenti, whose spot-kick was saved by Linnets keeper Alex Street.
Lynn made it 3-0 on the 87th minute, Ryan Hawkins' shot pushed out by Brandon Hall into the path of Sonny Carey who fired into the roof of the net. Victory earned the Linnets £3,750, and a home tie against Dover Athletic on December 14.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate