Early double settles Trophy tie for Linnets
- Credit: Archant
The Linnets booked themselves a place in the first round of the FA Trophy after a 3-0 replay win at Hereford.
Having tried, unsuccessfully, for 90 minutes on Saturday to find the back of the net, Lynn were 2-0 up inside seven minutes.
Centre-half Rory McAuley got the first after five minutes, nodding in Michael Clunan's corner, while Ross Barrows - standing in alongside McAuley - fired home the second.
Hereford had a golden opportunity to get back into the game just six minutes into the second half from the penalty spot after a shove on Peter Vincenti, whose spot-kick was saved by Linnets keeper Alex Street.
Lynn made it 3-0 on the 87th minute, Ryan Hawkins' shot pushed out by Brandon Hall into the path of Sonny Carey who fired into the roof of the net. Victory earned the Linnets £3,750, and a home tie against Dover Athletic on December 14.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre