Here comes the sun – and the carp
Despite chilly nights, bright sunshine boosted lake temperatures to desired levels, persuading carp to feed with some abandon.
At Bridge Farm, Litcham, Tom Dawson (Bait Tech) won with 115lb 2oz and Tom Kitchen won the Attleborough MG at Bergh Apton with 173lb 10oz.
At the same venue Eric Peek led the Veterans with 117lb 2oz, Andy Della (Litcham) scored 126lb 12oz at Mill Farm ahead of Neal Paske (Dereham) 116lb 12oz and Bob Ramsbottom led Costessey Crown with 114lb 8oz at Barford.
At Shallow Brook, the Silver and Gold event resulted in Tony Hill (Dukes) taking the silver with 24lb 10oz and the top gold went to David Goose with one carp of 10lb 11oz.
On the specimen carp waters Catch 22 produced commons ounces short of 40lbs for Jon Thompson and Lee Brown and one of 33lb 4oz for Mitchell Goodrum. Julian Miller bagged a 33lb common at Taswood.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 7 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 8 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 9 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk