Here comes the sun – and the carp
Despite chilly nights, bright sunshine boosted lake temperatures to desired levels, persuading carp to feed with some abandon.
At Bridge Farm, Litcham, Tom Dawson (Bait Tech) won with 115lb 2oz and Tom Kitchen won the Attleborough MG at Bergh Apton with 173lb 10oz.
At the same venue Eric Peek led the Veterans with 117lb 2oz, Andy Della (Litcham) scored 126lb 12oz at Mill Farm ahead of Neal Paske (Dereham) 116lb 12oz and Bob Ramsbottom led Costessey Crown with 114lb 8oz at Barford.
At Shallow Brook, the Silver and Gold event resulted in Tony Hill (Dukes) taking the silver with 24lb 10oz and the top gold went to David Goose with one carp of 10lb 11oz.
On the specimen carp waters Catch 22 produced commons ounces short of 40lbs for Jon Thompson and Lee Brown and one of 33lb 4oz for Mitchell Goodrum. Julian Miller bagged a 33lb common at Taswood.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 9 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl