Henman wants change of fortunes for Dereham Town
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Matt Henman will be hoping to brush off the frustrations of midweek when Dereham entertain Waltham Abbey.
The Magpies had to settle for a 2-2 draw away at Heybridge Swifts on Tuesday night – the third game in a row they have had to settle for a share of the spoils having surrendered a winning position.
'It's frustrating because for all of our last three games our performances have deserved wins and we have come away with draws,' said Henman, whose team are seventh in the table, just four points off third place.
'However, it shows just how far we have come to be coming away slightly disappointed with a draw.
'On Tuesday, we came away from home, performed really well against one of the best sides in this league and I feel that, based on the effort that the lads put in, they deserved to come away from the game with a win. We moved the ball about really well on a difficult surface, which limited us slightly, but we still competed really well and can be very proud of our performance.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 9 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car